The customer service department of a mid-sized US-based retail company was lagging on several key metrics such as average response times, and first contact resolution rate. One of their consideration was to integrate more automation into their workflow to improve service operator productivity and their first instinct was to integrate AI and related technologies. However, with a limited understanding of AI and RPA, this company was not comfortable embarking on unfamiliar technologies without a guided approach.
To help this retail company with the strategic integration of AI, we did several things:
- We conducted a workshop to help key employees understand AI and how it can benefit their workflow and overall operational efficiency. We provided real-world case studies on how other companies are using AI in their workflow to achieve service excellence.
- We also performed a detailed workflow audit which spanned several weeks to surface areas where AI and software automation, in general, would be beneficial for the company in the long term.
- At the end of the engagement, we mapped out several high-impact AI initiatives and strategies for integrating relevant solutions along with build or buy recommendations. In addition, we planned out a data collection strategy for the long-term adoption of AI.
- As a result of collaboration with our company, several key employees were able to independently discover potential uses of AI in their workflow and were able to weed out initiatives that they thought were best done manually.
- Using our recommendations, the company, so far, has been able to integrate one AI solution into their workflow, resulting in an improvement in several key metrics.
What Does It mean for Your Company?
If you’re looking to integrate AI as a potential solution for improving employee productivity or increasing customer satisfaction, it’s best to do it in collaboration with experts who understand AI. Many software automation problems can seem like AI problems, but may not be. Pouring in resources and implementing AI can be expensive and you want to ensure that you’re doing it for the right problems to maximize investments. If you’re curious about how we may be able to help, get in touch with us today.